The ground outside the Royal Pavilion is being prepared for the Royal Pavilion Ice Rink again and we are exited to publish all the details you need to know. Yes the 2015 Christmas lights in Brighton still not being switched on and we have another reminder of Christmas being behind the corner. This time behind the corner of the Royal Pavilion.
We all know every year is Brighton’s Ice Rink in the Top 5 Ice Rinks in the whole UK and it will open the gates for its sixth year on November 7 2015 to January 17 2016 on the Royal Pavilion’s Eastern lawns in Brighton. It is the UK’s first sustainable rink, using a green energy tariff to freeze the ice and power up the attraction.
Set against the backdrop of the former Royal pleasure palace, it has space for 250 skaters per session, with a beginners’ area with penguin skate aids and skate sizes from ‘just walking’ to adult, offering seasonal fun and a unique festive experience.
In December, Father Christmas will on site on specific dates (check the Royal Pavilion Ice Rink’s Facebook & Twitter for latest updates about this).
And for adults, book a babysitter and enjoy some of their different themed nights such as Comedy evening, and live music events.
Brighton’s Royal Pavilion Rink, with the ornate Regency pleasure palace as its backdrop, is open every day, and is a great way to round off a day of Christmas shopping. This year, the rink side Bar & Kitchen is serving up warming soups, mulled wine and marshmallow-topped hot chocolate.
Opening Times & Sessions
The Royal Pavilion Ice Rink is open 7th November 2015 – 17th January, 2016. Sessions must be booked through the on-site ticket office or via Ticketmaster and are one hour long.
Bar and restaurant open 9.30am – late. Box office open 9.45am – 9.45pm.
10:00 – 11:00
11:15 – 12:15
12:30 – 13:30
13:45 – 14:45
15:00 – 16:00
16:15 – 17:15
17:30 – 18:30
18:45 – 19:45
20:00 – 21:00
21:15 – 22:15
Peak sessions: All weekend sessions – all day All week days from 5.30pm – 10.15pm All day during Christmas period (12/12/15 – 3/1/16 inc)
Off-peak sessions:Week days (7/11/15 – 11/12/15 inc, and 4/1/16 – 17/1/16 inc) 10am – 5.15pm.Last off-peak session on a weekday is 4.15pm – 5.15pm.
Tickets can be bought on the door for skating sessions on the day or in advance. There’s no entry charge to spectate or visit the bar and restaurant. Skaters should aim to arrive 20 mins before their chosen session, especially if you have children. If you are late, you will be allowed on the ice but you may not have your full hour of skating. The largest skate boot is shoe size UK15 / European 49. The Royal Pavilion Ice Rink is outdoor and skating continues whatever the weather so please dress appropriately.
Long coats, skirts and scarves should not be worn for visitor’s own safety. Please bear in mind, tickets are non refundable – if it’s raining, you will get wet! Once a ticket has been sold, the quota for that session is reduced – refunds will not be payable if visitors decide to cut short their session.
Children and families are given a warm welcome at the Royal Pavilion Ice Rink. The smallest skate boot size available for children is 25 (age approx 3-4 years old), however a limited number of dual blades (‘bob skates’) are available for younger skaters. These are issued on a first come, first served basis. Parents must judge whether their children can skate safely.
- Full price tickets (aged 12 and over) £13 peak session / £10 off-peak session.
- Children (under 12) £8.50 peak session / £7 off-peak session.
- Family £36 (2 full price tickets, 2 children or 1 full price ticket, 3 children)
- School tickets £4 per head (students and teachers, not parents, off-peak only)
- Students and Members of the Royal Pavilion £10 per peak session/£7 per off-peak session (Please note: We offer a student discount to customers in full time further or higher education if they hold a valid student photo ID card, and a discount to holders of a current Royal Pavilion membership card. This must be shown at the Royal Pavilion Ice Rink Box Office on the day of skating, or customers will be charged the full ticket price.)
- Groups 10% off group bookings (10 people or more, only available on full price and children’s tickets)
- Season tickets Unlimited skating (subject to availability) Mon – Fri excluding Christmas Period (12/12/15 – 3/1/16 inc) Full price ticket £99, Juniors £69.
Terms and conditions apply: Only 1 child under 5 may skate for free per paying adult. Tickets for any additional children will be charged at the standard rate for that session.
Skaters bringing own skates eligible for 50% off, from box office only, available on presentation of skates.